This is a sale for a brand new genuine Honda Civic CRX DX LX LSi D15B2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV or Electric Air Control Valve EACV
from Honda Motors, made by Denso in Japan. Exclusive for the 88-95 Honda Civic CRX Dual Point Fuel Injection 1.5 motors. Please email me when uncertain regarding your application.
The IACV is an integral part of the idle control system. It changes the amount of air bypassing the throttle body in response to a current signal from the ECU in order to maintain proper idle speed. After the engine starts, the IACV opens for a certain time. The amount of air is increased to raise the idle speed about 150-300 rpm. When coolant temperature is low, the IACV is opened to obtain the proper fast idle speed. The amount of bypassed air is also controlled in relation to the coolant temperature.
When Check Engine light is on. With the service connector jumped, CODE 14 is indicated. It is highly likely a fault relating with the IACV.
The IACV is a component whereby when faulty is the most probable cause to most idle-linked problems. The problem can be symptomatic and may not even trigger the Check Engine light. The list goes:
- When cold fast idle out of spec (1,000 - 2,000 rpm)
- Rough idle
- When warm RPM too high
- Idle speed is below specified rpm (no load)
- Idle speed does not increase after initial start up
- On models with automatic transmission, the idle speed drops in gear
- Idle speed drops when air conditioner is ON
- Idle speed drops when steering wheel is turning
- Idle speed fluctuates with electrical load
- Frequent stalling while warming up
- Frequent stalling after warming up
When the two terminals on the IACV are measured with an Ohm-meter, it must vary between 8-15 Ohms. If not, the IACV must be replaced.
Buyers are to make sure the other sub-systems or ECU are working well before making their own conclusions.
Buyers are welcome to email me for installation instructions.